Previously a secret recipe but I am sharing it only because chocolate is so good for you!Andi’s chocolate brownies
- Place 1 ½ cups of sugar, 200g melted chocolate (I like to use 85% – but that’s just me), 1 cup sunflower or canola oil, vanilla essence (how ever much feels right, about one teaspoon or so) and 4 eggs into a bowl
- Whisk well to combine
- Add 1 ¾ cups of flour and 1 teaspoon of baking powder to the mixture and mix well to combine
- Pour mixture into a greased tin and bake at 180 C for about 40 minutes (you want to take them out when they look a little underdone for that important chewy factor)
- Let them cool and cut into squares (big squares if you are being generous, smaller if you want them to last a little longer)
- Do not let your husband/ partner/ wife/ kids into the kitchen when you are cutting the brownies because they are sure to demand the corner pieces (just to keep it neat, you know) and then they’ll want more and before you know it, you will need to bake a whole new batch. Tip: rather let them lick the bowl!