I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of my Christian readers a very happy Christmas and for those of you who do not celebrate Christmas, happy holidays!
Thanks for all of your wonderful feedback and comments and just for being there!
May 2014 be happy, healthy and successful.
Here’s my gift to you – a recipe for the holidays:
Double chocolate chip muffins (with a twist of course)
Heat oven to 180°C
Prepare a muffin tin with paper cases
1 ¾ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
¾ cup sugar (brown or white – it is your choice)
1 cup chocolate chips (white, dark, milk or mixed)
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place flour, baking powder, cocoa, sugar and chocolate chips into a bowl
- Mix together gently
- Pour all liquid ingredients into a jug or a smaller bowl and mix together
- Now, mix the wet and dry ingredients together – these are muffins, so you don’t want a smooth mixture (it should be lumpy – just like life I guess)
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases
- Bake for about 20 minutes
Now here’s the twist – design your own muffins!
- Since it is Christmas – substitute chocolate chips for fruit mince and rum essence instead of vanilla extract
- Breakfast muffins – use chopped dried fruit and nuts and leave out the cocoa powder (though that may be criminal)
- Here’s a delicious variation (one of my favourites) – use coconut milk instead of milk, throw in some dessicated or shredded coconut and use glace cherries in place of chocolate chips – about ½ a cup will do well